Wednesday, May 18, 2011

one month away...

So I officially leave for France a week from tomorrow and therefore have begun to cut my normal sleep patterns in about half. I can't believe this is all really happening. Like a true MacMillan, I have started listing in my head all of the possible things that could go wrong, perhaps trying to beat Murphy's Law to the punch. I was coming to terms with any probable mishaps (stolen passport, inability to communicate, getting run over by an angry striped bicycling Parisian) when I received an email from the study abroad office here at school to look over an orientation powerpoint. At this point, I was feeling like this was unnecessary, but began to flip through the slides. At first, everything was fine...that is until I got to the part about every possible health issue that could go wrong (I didn't know traveler's diarrhea was a real thing), and that you have to buy insurance in case you die and they have to send your remains back home.
That's when  I went from 7 to about 5 hours of nightly sleep.
On the bright side, I have been surprisingly productive with this week.
To ease my nerves I have started doing some research about Grenoble and found that it's culinary claim to fame is...
...ready for it....the walnut.
Seriously.
They have an entire museum just dedicated to walnuts just thirty minutes away from the city's center.
I'm ready to see this place for myself.

1 comment:

  1. lo I love this. Please don't get sick. ESPECIALLY with travelers diarrhea! When will you be back in oregon?

    ReplyDelete