Today we only had class in the morning, so the rest of the day was perfect for exploring the town a little bit more. I went with some friends to a little cafe to have some amazing pizza and salad. A large percentage of Grenoble is actually Italian, so I was told that I had to try pizza at least once. After today's experience, it will definitely not be a one time thing. The thing was absolutely incredible. We then hung out in one of the parks for a little bit, met up with some more people, and then decided that we wanted to go up to the Bastille, which is the fort overlooking Grenoble on one of the hills. Since today was so hot, we decided to ride the balls (pause for immature giggling...yes that's actually what they call them) to the main fort and walk up another hill/mountain to another section of it. I was of course sweating uncontrollably, but the view was spectacular. With gorgeous mountains all around and a quaint town below, we could have stayed up there forever. No words or pictures could ever do this place justice. After the climb down, we stopped at a little place for some gelato that was, like everything else here, unbelievable. No joke, it actually tasted like I was eating a mango, just in a creamy/frozen form. All in all, I have to say this was my kind of day.
No comments:
Post a Comment