Friday, July 1, 2011

Speedos and Boobs

After four days of API student specific language review classes, we had a group day trip to the town of Annecy, also located within the Alpes. It is about and hour and a half bus ride away from Grenoble and apparently one of the most popular vacation/tourist towns in France (according to my host people). We arrived at about 10:30 this morning and were immediately taken to a gorgeous market, where I of course was a complete weirdo and insisted on photographing everything. I honestly didn't even care that I was labeling myself as a complete outsider because everything was just so gorgeous. For about an hour, we all wondered the curved, cobblestoned streets and purchased what we wanted to eat for lunch. I was feeling particularly french today so i went to a baker, got some raisin bread and then hit the fromage truck for some fresh-from-the-farm goat cheese (don't drool too much mom). Punctuated by a juicy peach, this is definitely a lunching habit I could get used to. After we purchased our food, we were taken on a small walking tour of the city. Annecy is often referred to as the "venice of the alpes" due to all the beautiful canals that flow from the lake into the city. At about one, we all were given the next 4 hours to do whatever we wanted, so a lot of us headed to the edge of the lake to eat our lunch and enjoy the sun and beautiful water. Of course, we weren't the only ones in town with this fabulous idea. Since the weather was so gorgeous, the waterfront was packed, and let's just say I really should never feel self conscious about being scantly clad ever again. I saw so much unnecessary skin, and while my take on the situation might seem a tad prude, come on ladies, put a shirt on. Again, after about 10 minutes of looking around, I had no problem whipping out my bikini.
Once again, another gorgeous day in this corner of the globe has not ceased to amaze me.










1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Seriously. Part of me wants to cry from jealousy but I'm just so happy for you! Fly through utah on your way home ok? ok :)

    ReplyDelete