Since the 14th was a national holiday, some friends and I decided to take the train down to Cannes and enjoy the long weekend on the beach. I have really been enjoying the mountains, but this beach was gorgeous and a very lovely vacation. It took us the majority of the day to get down to Cannes on thursday due to all of the train switches, but once we got there the sun and bright blue water made all of the travel worth it. Our hotel was actually outside of downtown Cannes, so we took a bus out to where we were staying. This was probably the most unpleasant part of the trip because this bus was not only packed beyond capacity and the temperature in the high 80s, but these people drive so insanely crazy that I was falling on all sorts of judgmental french people. I was hoping that since it was a bus full of standing people that the driver would chill out a little bit...but I was very wrong. Once we made it to the hotel, and I realized that I was in fact still alive, we dropped off our things and then walked around in search of some dinner. The next few days consisted of mainly eating, swimming, and lying on the beach. We definitely weren't the only ones with this fantastic schedule, but once we got over the crowds, it was very relaxing. One night we went out on the town and saw where the film fesitval is and a bunch of celebrity hand prints in the sidewalk. My favorite of course was Julie Andrews. Sunday afternoon arrived way too quickly and we were once again on our way back to Grenoble. Cannes was one of the craziest places I have been, with people in their designer swimming suits and Mercedes convertibles, but just being able to actually swim in ocean water made it worth it for me. Who needs a shopping spree when you can float in the Mediterranean? Oh but one good thing about the rich people: they smell really good. If I had heard this at home where the majority of the people care about their general hygiene I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But seriously, in this seemingly deodorantless country, a little perfume makes a difference. Thank you Americans for smelling nice. You have no idea how much I miss that...
No comments:
Post a Comment