Well, my time in phase one of my european adventure is winding down to its final hours. I have learned an incredible amount here in this quaint little town, and I will have a tough time leaving on Saturday. I have been incredibly lucky with the kindness and generosity of my host family and will never forget the times I have had with my new friends. A few other things I will never forget/have learned include:
-non-fat does not exist in France and it is awesome
-everything tastes like heaven when fried in garlic and pounds of butter
-no weather is too hot for a stylish scarf
-evidently showering is optional to some people
-yes, i really am that white
-even if french people try to convince you otherwise, they really do walk around the street eating baguettes
-it is a major personal victory when I can understand and respond to a store clerk
-there is nothing wrong with taking two hours to sit and have coffee
-there is nothing quite like wandering with no particular purpose
-I will definitely be coming back someday
After a final API group dinner tonight and the end of classes tomorrow, I am off to Paris Saturday afternoon to begin an entirely new adventure with a brand new set of challenges. I am very excited to explore other areas but am of course nervous about the idea of being on my own to figure things out. It will I'm sure be very interesting. I won't be able to upload pictures or anything because I'm sending my computer back before I leave, but I will be sure to put some up once I am home. But until then...phase two, here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment